How Much Sleep Do You Need? Myth & Facts!
How Much Sleep Do You Need? Myth & Facts!
How many hours of sleep at night you should need? Which important roles sleep can play in your health? By understanding your needs, you can make your schedule of sleep and work for better health.
Importance of Sleep
Your night’s sleep is an important factor in your life, and how you will feel throughout the day depends on your night’s sleep. Sleep influences your weight, function, creativity, brain, heart health, creativity, and vitality. Therefore, you should get proper sleep to stay active full day.
Not getting enough sleep may cause many health issues such as high blood pressure, weakness of eyesight, fatigue, and brain problems. Improve your mood, brainpower, and health by getting good sleep.
8-Hours Sleep Everyone Need
Overall, research suggests that 7-9 hours of sleep for young adults and adults is enough to stay active and healthy. Here is the twist in the story of sleep it varies from age such as:
- Newborns should get 12-15 hours of sleep every day
- Infants should get 12-15 hours of sleep every day
- Preschoolers should get 10-13 hours of sleep every day
- School-aged should get 9-11 hours of sleep every day
- Teenagers should get 8-10 hours of sleep every day
- Adults should get 7-9 hours of sleep every day
- Older adults should sleep 7-8 hours daily
Myths and Facts about Sleep
Myth: Instead of 7-8 hours of the night, sleep if you get one hour less sleep per night won’t affect your daytime functioning.
Fact: Maybe you could not sleep during the daytime, but it will definitely affect your work routine. It is also a compromise of your cardiovascular health, ability to fight functions, and energy.
Myth: Your body has the ability to change sleep schedules and it can quickly adapt it.
Fact: The majority of people can change their biological clock, but only when given the right cues, and even then, only by one or two hours every day. As a result, after crossing numerous time zones or working the night shift, adjusting can take longer than a week.
Myth: For excessive daytime fatigue, you can get more sleep at night to cure many health problems.
Fact: Some people think that too much sleep at night will help them to get rid of daytime fatigue. No, it is wrong many of you could be noticed that after getting a long sleep at night you do feel not good after waking up. It is only because of poor and irregular sleep.
Some Signs of Getting not Enough Sleep
Here we are sharing some common signs when you do get not enough sleep:
Fatigue and tired feelings are the main reason for getting not enough sleep. Changes in diet, mood swings, eye pain, the extra load of study and work, excessive use of screens, and family problems might affect your sleep.
How you can Get Proper Sleep
When you want to resolve your sleep issues or just want to make your brain active follow some tips that will resolve your sleep problems:
Always seek medical assistance if you feel changes in your sleep.
Make a stick timing of sleep.
If you do 30-60 minutes of exercise daily, it will help you to get good sleep.
You should be made yourself a healthy and good diet consumer.
Keep your stress aside if you want to get a peaceful sleep.
Keep your bedroom clean, dark, cool, and airy. Make your bedroom a paradise place for good sleep.
Keep away your office, school, and college work away from your bedroom. Do not do stressful gossip and never use a screen in the bedroom.
Are six hours of sleep enough?
Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, in less than 3% of people the rare gene is present that makes them active after getting 6 hours of sleep. This gene is very rare, in one million people this will present only in 1 or 2 people. The remaining 97% will not feel well during the day if they sleep only 6 hours at night.
You Might be Interested In…
- Amazing Health Benefits of Stair Climbing
- Remove Ring from Swellen Finger
- Why You Should Avoid an Apple at Night?
- Lack of Sleep and Premature Skin Aging
- How to Remove Nail Polish?
- Why Do My Socks Smell So Bad? Sweaty Feet
- What You Should Know About Chewing Gum?
- Never Skip Your Breakfast!
- Children & Teens Wet the Bed During Sleep?
- Is Honey Beneficial for Cough?